How do I claim hours for a past shift?
Whether you've scheduled a shift through Vome or not, you can claim hours for a past shift directly from your profile! Once you submit the hour claim, the administrator at your organization must approve it before the hours are officially logged and counted towards your total hour count.
See what best applies to you:
1. I already scheduled the shift on Vome and I want to request hours for it.
2. I did not schedule the shift on Vome but I want to log hours on my profile.
SCENARIO 1: I already scheduled the shift on Vome and I want to request hours for it.
1. Go to your schedule using the left-hand side navigation
2. Find the shift and click on it
Make sure the shift has already passed, otherwise you are not yet able to request hours for it.
3. On the top of the shift, you will see a Request hours icon (in blue)
4. Adjust the arrival and departure time if necessary
5. Click Send Request
SCENARIO 1: I did not schedule the shift on Vome but I want to log hours on my profile.
Here are the steps to claim hours:
Watch a video:
1. Go to your Home page
2. On the top left, click on the Claim Hours button
3. Select the opportunity you wihs to claim hours for
4. Put in a single date or multiple dates in the past and input the time slot(s).
5. Generate shifts and then click on Request Hours
At this point, a request has been sent for the admin at the organization to approve.
You should see these shifts in your schedule immediately with a pending status related to the hours requested.
How do I log past shifts from the Schedule?
1. Go to the Schedule page 2. On the top right, click on Actions 3. Select Log past shifts This feature will allow you to assign volunteers to past shifts that are already created so that you can see them in your calendar and log their hours. If the ...
I've been assigned to a shift. What happens next?
We recommend that you download the Vome Volunteer mobile app to make the communication process easier while gaining access to important updates! If you're using iPhone: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/vome-volunteer/id1490871417 If you're using ...
How do I mass log hours from the Schedule?
1. Go to the Schedule page 2. On the top right, click on Actions 3. Select Mass log hours When performing the Mass Log Hours action, you can see the current status of any volunteer who was assigned to a shift but didn't get their hours logged.
How do I calculate the total number of hours scheduled for upcoming shifts?
As of now, this information can easily be exported from Vome and then imported into an Excel spreadsheet (attached on this article) which generates the information you need! We know this can be super helpful when running events on Vome : ) To ...
What does the Hours logged metric represent?
This metric is a count of the total amount of hours that your organization has logged for volunteers.