How would I gather digital consent using the Sequences feature?
The Sequences feature allows you to share and gather information from personnel that you're onboarding to your organization.
In order to gather digital consent using the Sequences feature, you must start with creating a Form on Vome:
- On the left-hand nav bar, click on Forms
- On the top-left of the Forms view, click on + New Form
- Add the details of your form (i.e. Title: Digital Consent, Description: Please sign your name...etc.)
- In the 2nd step of building the form when customizing the content, scroll down until you see Digital Consent and click Add.
- Add one or more digital consent items to your form and click Next
- In the 3rd step of building the form, make sure the visibility is set to Private
Once the form is published, copy the form's shareable link:
On the left-hand nav bar, click on Forms
- Find the form you just published, and click on the 3 dots option menu all the way to the right
- Click Share
- Click Copy Link
Now that the form is published and you have the shareable link, go to the Sequences view to create a new sequence (or edit an existing one):
On the left-hand nav bar, click on Sequences
On the top-left of the view, click on + New sequence
- Add the details of your Sequence (i.e. Title: Volunteer Onboarding, Description: Please complete all of the steps...etc.)
- In the 2nd step of building the form when customizing the steps of your sequence, click on Add a step
- Add a step within the Custom category
- When creating the custom step, add a title (i.e. Digital Consent)
- In the description field, paste the link to your Form from instructions above with some text to give further context. (i.e. Please click on the link in this description to get redirected to a form on Vome where you'll be asked to include your e-signature on consent items. Once you submit the form, you are done with this onboarding step!
The key here is to include the link to your Vome form to request digital consent in the description of your Sequence step. From an admin perspective, you will receive a form response in your Forms area when digital consent is submitted, and so you must manually update the status of the Sequence step for the person who just submitted the form from the Sequences area.
In other words, the form response with digital consent and the sequence step are not linked.
You can also hyperlink the URL with text. For example, you could write "please click here to access the form" and the word here be hyperlinked to your Vome form URL.