How do I upload my spreadsheet into my database?
Steps to import your spreadsheet into your database:
1. Login to Vome and using the left-hand side navigation, click Database
2. On the top-right of the page, click Create profiles
3. Click Bulk Import
4. Click the Upload spreadsheet box underneath the instructions and add your file
5. Once you add the file, click Validate
Once you validate the file, you will see the number of successfully added records and the number of failed records. Failed records can be from errors in your file or duplicate volunteer entries. If you are having trouble with the upload, you can send it to our team to check for you!
6. Choose whether you want to assign tags, opportunities or shifts to these volunteer profiles.
- Tags allow you to group volunteers in your database for internal purposes. Volunteers cannot see tags added to their profile. It can help you filter your database later on.
- Opportunities will allow volunteers to immediately begin reserving spots to shifts once they claim their profile. Otherwise, they will need to be instructed to register for opportunities from your profile or through a shareable link. (Highly recommended to pre-assign volunteers to opportunities)
- Shifts will show volunteers that they are already scheduled for shifts once they claim their profile.
7. Choose to invite volunteers to Vome (Highly recommended)
- By leaving the checkbox enabled, volunteers will be emailed to accept the invitation from your organization.
- You can include a custom message which will be added to the email notification.
- You can indicate whether you want the email to be sent in English or French.
How do I prepare my spreadsheet to import into my database?
First off, it is important to understand that for each import, you can perform Bulk Actions on volunteers listed in the spreadsheet. If you want to assign your volunteer list to different opportunities, tags or shifts during the import process, you ...
How can I send a mass email from the database?
1. Go to the Database 2. Select one or more volunteer records 3. Click on the black down arrow next to the right of "# records selected" 4. Click on Send email You can send emails to both Vome Users & Offline Profiles in the database.
How can I mass assign opportunities from the database?
1. Go to the Database 2. Select one or more volunteer records 3. Click on the black down arrow next to the right of "# records selected" 4. Click on Assign opportunities
How do I export volunteer data from the database?
1. Go to the Volunteers page from the left-hand navigation. 2. Filter the database to present the data you want to export 3. Click on the Export icon (highlighted in image below) 4. Click Export all data
What are the Advanced Filters in the database?
We provide two (2) advanced filters on your database. 1. We allow you to filter by Activity. This allows you to view the # of shifts and hours completed by volunteers during a given date range. For example, if you want to see how many shifts people ...