What's the difference between Sequences and Screening Checklists on Vome?
Both of these features allow organizations to manage the screening and onboarding process for volunteers. You can choose the process that works best for you!
Sequences: step by step process that is used independently of which opportunities they are assigned for.
Screening checklists: requirements for volunteers when they register or get assigned for an opportunity.
- Screening checklists are opportunity-based, while sequences are independent across opportunities
- Therefore screening checklists will only be visible to volunteers if they have registered or been assigned to the opportunity.
- Sequences have a few extra customizations
- Sequences allow you to set it to be private (allowing you to restrict volunteers to view the sequence) enable Self-Tracking (allowing volunteers to edit their status and mark themselves as complete)
Here are some commons use-cases for organizations
1. You are using opportunity-level registration for opportunities and would like to auto-assign volunteers tasks once they register. This would be a great use-case for creating a screening checklist for that opportunity. Once the volunteer submits their registration, they will immediately see the screening checklist assigned to it!
2. You have a general onboarding process at your organization and want to have volunteers complete the process before getting assigned for an opportunity. This would be a great use-case for sequences!
Ready to get started? Here are some helpful articles:
How do I use Sequences on Vome?
How does the Screening Checklist work for my opportunities?
How do I use Sequences on Vome?
Sequences are used to manage a step by step process. Although it can be used for project management or managing tasks, it is often used for volunteer onboarding. You can completely customize the steps of a sequence, assign it to volunteers and easily ...
How do I organize volunteer onboarding on Vome?
There are many ways to easily keep track of volunteer onboarding using Vome! It is recommended to read through the summaries below to identify if you would like to track onboarding using sequences or opportunity-level screening checklists. 1. ...
How does the Verified First background screening solutions work on Vome?
Vome is an official partner of Verified First, which allows you to get preferred pricing when conducting background checks on your volunteers! How do you initiate a Verified First background check within Vome's admin portal? 1. Navigate over to your ...
Mastering the Vome fundamentals: The difference between Categories, Opportunities & Shifts
We know it can be difficult to start using a new platform. You need to become familiar with the platform's language and features and figure out how to best structure your portal. That's why we decided to define the words below, which are some of the ...
How would I gather digital consent using the Sequences feature?
The Sequences feature allows you to share and gather information from personnel that you're onboarding to your organization. In order to gather digital consent using the Sequences feature, you must start with creating a Form on Vome: On the left-hand ...